Friday, April 20, 2012

A Rainy Year

A friend texted this picture to me this week (thanks, Terra!) because it made her think of Carys. I knew we had a lot of rain around the time that the babies were born, but I didn't realize we had THAT much rain. Yesterday, I had a client reference this time last year, "you know how we had all that rain this time last year?"



How fitting is that?


It certainly was the rainiest time of our lives...


________________________________________________________

For the last few days, I've been thinking about what was going on this time last year. (click here to read what was going on this week last year) It doesn't seem like it's been a year. It's like the past year has been a long, emotionally draining dream and now I wonder where it went.

Yet here we are, and tomorrow my baby boy turns one. Tomorrow also marks one year since our daughter went to Heaven. Bittersweet, as always. I've been feeling like laughing and crying at the same time, which happens often these days it seems. It's all part of the journey, and what a very painful, beautiful, joyful, sorrowful, rainy journey it has been.


...but the story doesn't end here.

1 comment:

Holly said...

wow, def a rainy time that year!