Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We Remember

So, it's just after midnight, but I didn't want to go to bed without responding to the anniversary of 9/11. Throughout the day, I've seen so many posts about where we all were when the tragic news aired. It's hard to believe it's already been 11 years.

I was in my apartment at MVNU. I'd been up late the night before and slept in because I didn't have class (because that's what my college-self could do). My roommate came in, wide-eyed, and asked if I'd seen the news. I ran to the stairs as my apartment-mates gathered around the little television we had.

It seemed unreal.

It was a scary day, but not just because of the terrorism. It was also the day my mom had an emergency, life-saving surgery. I'll have to ask her to share her story for you all here, she has quite the testimony!

It has touched my heart today to see the frequent status updates that gave the simple message, "We remember."

We remember the terror we felt. We remember the shock that our nation was being attacked. We remember  the endless news coverage detailing the horror of the day. We remember the heroes. We remember the stories of emergency workers and civilians alike who put their lives on the line to rescue others. We remember the soldiers who left the comforts of home to defend our country in war. We remember and we're truly grateful.

John 15:13King James Version (KJV)13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

We remember.

We remember the somber aftermath as the dust settled. The realization of the heavy significance of the whole ordeal. The emphasis on the fragility of life.

We do remember, don't we? I remember the fullness of churches the following Sundays. I remember the signs asking for prayers for our nation. I remember that our nation seemed to be drawn to our Heavenly Father during the crisis.

Do we really remember? Do we remember that innate desire to cling to God in the middle of the storm?

Please, remember.

God is not only God in the midst of a crisis. He didn't go anywhere. Did you?

1 comment:

erection pills said...

Thank you for any other informative website. Where else may just I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a venture that I'm just now running on, and I've been at the glance out for such information.