Monday, October 8, 2012

Not Afraid of Dying...

With everything that has been going on in the world lately, end time prophecies have been on my mind quite a bit. I've heard several sermons from Revelations. Actually, as I write this, there's a sermon on TV from "End Time Ministries." It's turned down low so I can't really hear all of it, but I am getting bits and pieces. "prophesy...matches up...."

Why is it that we live like we're going to be on this earth forever? We won't be.

I feel scared for those who aren't prepared for eternity.


As a Maranomi, I'm a member of a community I never asked to join, and being in the baby loss community, I hear frequent stories of babies dying. It happens. As much as society seems to want to keep it quiet, it happens- and it hurts.

It's difficult to find words to explain the pain of losing a child. It changes everything.

One of the biggest changes for me is that I'm not afraid of dying anymore. I mean... I don't particularly look forward to the process... and I don't want anything to happen to me for the sake of my family and friends who have already had so much happen... but for me, I have a peace about it. After all, I had a glimpse of Heaven, right? I know that I'm ready and I have had a small glimpse of what it's going to be like there.

I found myself wondering today if all the heartbreaking things that happen are all part of God's plan to help us not fear the trials we may face as prophecies continue to play out. We don't fear things as much if we can see them. It's like turning on the lights so a child can see there really isn't a monster in the closet. If we get a glimpse of Heaven, we can see how wonderful it is and not be afraid. Losing close loved ones often gives us an opportunity to touch Heaven if we're in the right spot.

This world will not be here forever. We will not live on earth forever. Prophecy is being fulfilled, and I believe what scripture says is true.


If Christ returned today, would I see you in Heaven?

Please, don't waste a moment. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us. He sent His son to die in our place so we can live in the New Jerusalem... where God's glory radiates off the jeweled walls to reflect rainbows of color in the vast expanse of His love and peace. Will I see you there?

No comments: